Pregnancy and parenting can be both exciting and overwhelming. How do I care for myself and my child? What will my family and friends think? If you have questions or need support, we’re here to help.
You are not obligated to receive support by contacting Early Childhood Services, and all initial inquiries are completely confidential. We are here to offer services at no cost and a community of peers.
- Pregnancy testing
- Pregnancy counseling (options)
- Prenatal education
- Childbirth education
- Parenting classes
- Tutoring and study groups
- Transportation assistance
- Job search assistance
- Play groups
- Incentive programs
- Peer mentoring
- Support groups
- Programs for young fathers
- On-site childcare for Early Childhood
- Material assistance
- Professional counseling
- Doula services
ECS serves pregnant and parenting teens and young families. Families must have limited resources and live in Douglas and Sarpy Counties.
- Receive quality healthcare
- Meet all developmental milestones
- Live in safe stable home environments
- Receive quality childcare
- Pursue high school graduation, post secondary education and employment
- Reduce repeat pregnancies
- Achieve self-sufficiency and confidence
in their parenting
- Maintain good health for themselves and children
To reach these goals, ECS leads a collaborative network of local service agencies to meet the growing needs
of young families in our community. Working together,
this partnership provides a full range of essential
services and guidance to help young parents build stronger families.