Early Childhood Services is Douglas and Sarpy Counties’ first comprehensive network of childcare providers dedicated to effective learning experiences for children through high-quality early care and education programs.
The Early Childhood Services enables childcare providers to continuously improve their programs without increasing costs for families by encouraging peer-to-peer growth and free training opportunities, as well as providing access to additional community resources.
Intensive coaching is available for programs enrolling as a Level One provider. A limited number of childcare programs receive concentrated involvement from Early Childhood Services including:
- Intensive coaching from early childhood specialists
- Mental health consultations for young children (if applicable)
- Periodic developmental, vision and hearing screenings, as well as fluoride treatments
- Access to enroll in the School Based Health Clinics
- Tuition assistance for professional development
- Parental engagement
- Referrals to services for children with special needs